The first historic houses in Ledbury Park Toronto were built along Woburn and Bedford Park Avenues and up until the early 1900’s, this area was a small farming community. The successful publisher of the old Toronto Evening Journal, Alfred St. Germain was a hobby farmer who had land in the area. In 1922 the Melrose Realty Company subdivided the property under the name Melrose Park. The street names of the developing subdivision were named by the president of Melrose Realty, H.A. Clark. The street named Old Orchard Grove was selected because of the wonderful St. Germain apple orchard. Clark was an avid fan of Sir Walter Scott and named the streets of Ledbury Park Toronto after his work such as Deloraine, Melrose, Marmion, and Falkirk. Ledbury Park and Ledbury School were added to the subdivision in the 1950’s signifying the completion of the development.