The Armour Heights Toronto neighbourhood is named after John Armour who was a farmer that granted concession to the area around 1837. The Armour home used to be located where the Armour Heights Community Centre is located today. Armour Heights has a rich and detailed history. The Armour family sold their homestead in 1911 to Colonel F.B. Robins who subsequently planned the neighbourhood as it is today. From the onset, Robins had a plan to ensure that the Armour Heights neighbourhood would remain a high-class area containing its own polo field and proximity to Bridle Path. While the polo field never materialized, the Bridle Path is now known as today’s Yonge Boulevard. When WWI broke out, Robins halted his subdivision plan and subsequently donated the land to the air force as a training school for Canadian and American pilots. In 1929, Robins and developer W.P.Mullock sold their stake in Armour Heights to R.J. Lillico & Associates and was documented in local news outlets as the largest real estate transactions in Toronto at that time.